Hello zenfone 5 users there is a good news for you all that unofficial Android 6.0 rom is successfully ported for our device. Maybe you all had tried CM12.1 rom on our Zenfone 5 rom then you will know how to install CM13 rom on zenfone 5 rom. but if you haven’t tried CM based or any other custom rom on Zenfone 5 then i will teach you how to install this rom.
Cm13 rom Review in Zenfone 5 :
- No Lags : There is no lag in this cm13 rom, but if you are getting lags then its bootloader unlocking tool’s problem. And you will face lags on all custom roms.
- Battery Backup : Battery backup is same as CM12.1 rom by Dgadelha.
- No Freeze after call (if you faced reboot after call then disable Double Tap 2 Wake feature).
- No Reboot after call. (if you faced reboot after call then disable Double Tap 2 Wake feature).
- Stable and Best for daily use.
- Better than other CM13 rom for zenfone 5.
- Theme Chooser app working fine.
- Latest Messaging App.
- Latest Android 6.0 Animations effect.
- No UI lagging problem. (using this rom from last night and no UI lag problem.)
- Awesome camera (not Asus PixelMaster, but you can install Asus Pixel Master camera and Asus Gallery).
- Pre Rooted (No need to Root).
- Xposed Framework works fine (Xposed framework is not pre installed, you need to install it)
- Android 6.0’s Runtime Permission feature (this is awesome feature launched by google in android’s Marshmallows version, this in feature when you install any app then it will no ask you for permissions, Apps will install without permissions, and when you run that app and it will ask you to allow or deny for permission which are required by that app. which means now app installation is faster than before).
Bugs with their solutions :
- GPS not working : GPS is also not working on any custom rom for zenfone 5, this is known and neglectable .
solution : Try using A-GPS/Mobile Location.
- Video recording in 1080p (full HD) lags.
solution : Record video in HD mode (720p) mode.
Sometimes Screen autolock issue on 2G data : this issue was there in RR rom.
FM Radio doesn’t work : FM radio also not working on any other custom roms.
solution : Try using TuneIn Radio, a lot of local radios are already there.
How to install CM13 rom on Asus Zenfone 5 ?
- First of all unlock bootloadter check here.
- Install TWRP recovery in you mobile check here
- Now download CM13 TWRP flashable rom from this link
- Now download Gapps for CM13 rom Pico from this link. (it have google frameworks and Google Play services + Playstore)
- Reboot into TWRP recovery, and wipe “data,cache”;
- now flash CM13 rom from TWRP.
- then flash Gapps from TWRP.
- Now reboot your mobile and done.