Punjabi or other language not showing Windows 10
Recently windows 10 released and available for upgrade or download. But there are some bugs and issues and some features missing. Bugs will be fixed in future update and i will help you to enable hidden features. So in this post i am talking about language support in windows 10. There are some fonts and fonts libraries are missing which causes rendering problem for some regional languages. Some Indian regional languages like Punjabi not showing in windows 10. Instead of words only black boxes are showing as you can see in below screenshot.
I have recently installed windows 10 and i am observing missing features and remaining bugs. So yesterday night i got to know that some languages are not showing, i realize this when i am using Facebook on PC. so i goto region and language settings there i found Punjabi language and i installed it, after that Punjabi working fine even don’t need to restart Windows or web browser. And its on 2 MB in size.
But before installing this i tried to install Punjabi True type fonts (.ttf) on windows 10, but sill same problem. Because that ttf fonts are only for typing not for rendering fonts. So we need to install language pack to make it fully supported.Below is detailed instruction.
Punjabi or other language not showing Windows 10 Solution :
- Press Start key on keyboard or click on Start.
- Now click on Settings and Settings window will be open.
- In settings click on “Time & Language” option.
- In “time & language” settings click on “Region & Language” option.
- In “region & language” click on “Add a Language” option. And list of all available language will open.
- Click on any language which you want to add. This will install automatically.
That’s it now your language is successfully installed you can read your language anywhere.