Hello reader, Ubuntu users a very good evening to all. From past months i moved to Linux Ubuntu from Windows 8.1. So now i will write about Ubuntu tricks and help. So in this tutorial i will write about how to install chrome on ubuntu,how to install google chrome in ubuntu,chrome standalone installer
To install Google chrome you need to first download and install Linux Repository form Google you that you can install Google chrome via PPA. And key. You can install Google chrome PPA by the following command.
- First of all open terminal by going to menu and search for terminal (for this you need password of your admin account. Means if you are at college and admin account is restricted to you then you can't execute this command.)
- Now you have opened terminal type the following command in terminal and press enter.
wget -q -O - https://dl-ssl.google.com/linux/linux_signing_key.pub | sudo apt-key add -
- Now this command will ask you to enter your password.
- Now message will come "OK" as shown below in screen-shot. It means that key is installed successfully. (as shown in above screenshot)
- Now proceed to next step by install Google Linux repository, paste below code .
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb/ stable main" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-chrome.list'
- Now message will come as shown in screen-shot means Google repository is also now installed in your system.
- Now to can continue to installation steps. So update repository by below command.
sudo apt-get update
- This command will take 4-5 minutes depending upon your INTERNET speed. As shown below.
|Repository update successfully|
- After that paste the following command to install Google chrome's stable version.
sudo apt-get install google-chrome-stable
- Congratulations you have installed Google chrome stable version on your Ubuntu PC.
|welcome screen of google chrome|
If you want to experiment new features of Google chrome then you can install Google chrome's unstable version means beta version. Beta version have more features but bugs also.
- To install beta version of Google chrome paste the following command in terminal.
sudo apt-get install google-chrome-beta
Incase if you are not happy with chrome then you can remove chrome using following command. Open terminal and paste the following command.
sudo apt-get remove google-chrome-stable
So installation of chrome succeed, now you can start using chrome.
Tagged with :