SD card write permission fix for Asus Zenfone Lollipop Kitkat
Hello guys as you know after Kitkat version update from Google, google has revokes sdcard write permission for third party apps, by that you can’t paste data into sdcard if you are using other file manager or any other app which uses to store data in sdcard.
This create problem that all files will be copied to Phone memory which decreases Internal memory space. You can only write to sdcard from Stock file manager. Rest of other apps doesn’t have permission to write into sdcard.
To fix this issue i m writing this post.
No need of PC, but for better experience you can use PC.
st method will work on All android devices which have Android Kitkat or Lollipop. and 2nd methos will only work on Zenfone 5 Lollipop.
and 3rd option is wait we are making Android app to make it easier.
Caution : This requires Root permission in your mobile. ( Don’t know how to Root ??? Read here )
So lets start :
Method 1 :
- Download any Root Explorer from playstore.
- Grant Root permission to that Root Explorer.
- Mount system as Read/write (* depends on which Rootexplorer you are using).
- Now goto “system/etc/permissions/” folder.
- here you will find a file name “platform.xml”
- open this file in text editor and find below line :
<permission name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" >
- and add this line before closing </permission> tag
<group gid="media_rw" />
- As shown in below screenshot.
- Now restart your mobile and done.
Method 2 :
- This method is only for zenfone 5 Lollipop rom.
- just download this file and replace in “/system/etc/permissions/” folder
- If you are unable to understand first 2 methods then wait we are developing Android app which make this task easy just single click.