Asus Zenfone 5 Lollipop official recovery.img
Hello Zenfone 5 owners, So now you all are enjoying Lollipop on your mobile. But in Lollipop ROM there is no Recovery.img. Recovery is embed inside system partition for security purpose. But if you want to root or by any other reason you changed recovery to Kitkat recovery or Custom recovery like TWRP recovery or Philz recovery then you cant revert back to Lollipop recovery.img which means to can’t get OTA update.
Because for OTA update you need latest recovery installed because OTA update patch first check for current installed ROM, if you have installed wrong recovery then OTA update gives failure message. So at that time you have only single option to install Lollipop ROM again then you will surely got official OTA update.
Recently ASUS has released latest Lollipop ROM which is WW_3_23_40_60 . But you cant install this update directly from Kitkat you need to first install Lollipop WW_3_23_40_52 version then you can proceed to update. But if you are on Kitkat then you need to Download 2 lollipop roms which is 820 MB +820 Mb = approx 1.7GB. To avoid this problem here is solution. you can flash WW_3_23_40_60 recovery.img only on Kitkat or Jellybean ROM. if you are on Lollipop WW_3_23_40_52 but you have flashed TWRP recovery then you can also flash this recovery.img to get WW_3_23_40_52 official recovery to proceed to update to latest lollipop WW_3_23_40_60.
How to flash Zenfone 5 Lollipop official Recovery :
- Download Lollipop WW_3_23_40_52 official recovery from below button (* you need to share or like this content to unlock download link. if like or share button not visible then disable adblocker )
- Now rename this from recovery_original_WW_3_23_40_52.img to recovery.img (* to just make this process easy).
- Now paste this recovery.img to ADB folder and open command prompt, to open Comand prompt just press and hold Shift key and right click anywhare in ADB folder and select “Open command prompt here”.
- Now restart your mobile into Fastboot (Droidboot) mode.
- And in command prompt type below command to flash recovery.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- After process complete you can restart your mobile into Recovery or Normal restart.
So now you have flashed official Lollipop original WW_3_23_40_52 recovery now you can update your mobile to latest Lollipop WW_3_23_40_60 without any issue.
Share this post more as you can share.