Hello Asus Zenfone users, Recently Lollipop is officially launched by Asus for all zenfone models. so there is big change from Kitkat to Lollipop, And compatibility of some apps has gone. In same way xposed framework also not supporting on lollipop. So Developer of xposed framework has release Alpha version to make it compatible on Lollipop ROM too. but unfortunatly some zenfone series have x86 (32 bit) processor. So xposed framework not working on zenfone mobiles. So Shakalaka has made it working on Zenfone too. he has compiled it from xposed framework Sources.
Latest updated on 20-june-2015 to fix bootloop problem after uninstalling xposed. (* Now you can uninstall xposed anytime).
How to install :
For Windows users :
- first of all Download xposed Installer Alpha from link below
- After Downloading extract all files into a folder anywhere on your PC. as shown below
- Now double click on “InstallxposedInstaller.bat”, this will install xposed app on your mobile.
- After Successful install double click on “InstallxposedFramework.bat” file, this will install framework files in system.
- To uninstall simply double click on “RemovexposedFramework.bat” and done.
For MAC users :
- You need to only run “install.sh” file and done.
- To remove xposed run “remove.sh”
Check here some working and Non working xposed modules in Zenfone Lollipop
How to prevent from Bootloop After xposed :
if you have enable some xposed module which is not supported with xposed alpha or your mobile, then your mobile will be stuck on Asus LOGO. and is latest Lollipop ROM recovery is inside system partition, means if your mobile not starting then you also unable to go into recovery mode. So you cant reset your mobile. (* to make recovery to work on Lollipop when you are unable to start recovery, just flash recovery.img from old Kitkat rom).
So to recover from Bootloop without factory reset just install “TWRP recovery” on your mobile.
- Download TWRP recovery for Zenfone 5 from below link. How to install TWRP recovery read here (* this method is for installing Philz recovery, method is same the only difference of recovery name)
- After installing TWRP recovery go into recovery mode by going into Bootloader mode and select “Recovery”.
- after selecting recovery you will be unable to start recovery, so just reboot your mobile and you will into TWRP recovery.
- Now you are in TWRP recovery goto “File Manager” and open ”data” folder then again open ”data” folder then open “de.robv.android.xposedd.installer” there will be folder name “shared_prefs” open that folder and delete “enabled_modules.xml” file.
- now restart your mobile and your mobile will start normally and you need to enable xposed modules again. so now be careful before enabling modules.