Make Card Stack Recent Apps like Android Lollipop
Hello friends today i m here with new tweak, to turn your Android ICS, jelly bean or Kitkat 's Recent apps into Android Lollipop's recent apps like card style. As i think that you all knows that's what i m talking about. if you understood then proceed further if you don't understand then search on Google about Android lollipop Card Stack recent apps.
So for this we need following tools:
- Apktool latest version on your pc (* available for mac,windows and linux)
- Java installed on your PC.
- framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk files from your mobile. (* we will just edit SystemUI.apk and framework-res.apk is to decompile SystemUI.apk)
How to Modify:
- First of all Decompile SystemUI.apk (* dont know how to decompile then search on google)
- now go into decompiled SystemUI folder and you will find status_bar_recent_item.xml and status_bar_recent_panel.xml files at this location "your path\SystemUI\res\layout\". see in below screenshot.
|location of both files|
- Now open status_bar_recent_item.xml file in any text editor like notepad etc. I m using Notepad++ and add following line at 2nd line of file.
- save this file and open status_bar_recent_panel.xml file in any text editor and add following line at 2nd line of file.
- now save this file.
- Now recompile SystemUI folder.
- Push new Compiles SystemUI.apk file to your mobile and replace with old SystemUI.apk file
- Restart your mobile twice (two times).
Do all the steps carefully, your single mistake will brick your mobile. You can also make additional changes like Change recent app size, background etc. To increase recent apps size you can modify "dimens.xml" file inside "\SystemUI\res\values\" here. Make changes according to your choice because this is optional part. main part is described above.
whats Logic Behind this ?
Actually we rotate recent apps screen to 10 degree from X axis and rotate Recent apps 10 degree below. so this will look like a card stack .
Tagged with :